Geist Monitored Rack PDU
Geist power monitoring provides a comprehensive view of power usage in a data center, both at the rack and via remote access. The local and remote power monitoring options offer quick access to the PDU’s current, volts, real power, apparent power, power factor, and kilowatt hours. By monitoring these critical variables, data center managers can evaluate energy usage trends and ensure maximum uptime.
- Unit Level Monitoring – With remote power monitoring, data center managers can receive notifications of current threshold breach, preventing unnecessary downtime. Data from the unit can be accessed through any Web browser, without requiring external software.
- Outlet Level Monitoring -The GU Outlet-Level Monitored PDU offers real-time power consumption monitoring including voltage, real power, apparent power, power factor, and kilowatt hours down to the outlet level via secure web interface, SNMP, or SSH. Geist’s PDUs offer important insights on how to improve data center energy efficiency while enabling you to prevent downtime, providing notifications when user-specified thresholds for power and climate conditions are breached.
Geist Upgradeable PDUs adapt to your business well into the future. Simply choose the functionality that suits your requirements today with the flexibility to install technology as needs evolve.
To establish this extraordinary upgrade path, Geist incorporated an Interchangeable Monitoring Device (IMD) into its robust PDU design. Geist’s rugged power strips last for years and with the new IMD users can install the latest technology without replacing the power strip. The hot-swappable IMD can be changed in a few simple steps without interrupting power to critical servers.
With remote power monitoring, data center managers can receive notifications of current threshold breach, preventing unnecessary downtime. Data from the unit can be accessed through any Web browser, without requiring external software. Data can be integrated into Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) systems for remote notification, and the intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) allows managers to quickly access pertinent information.
- Upgradeable Local/Remote Power Monitoring
- Upgradeable Local/Remote Power Monitoring + Remote Sensing
- Visible Light Communication (VLC)
- User-Friendly Web Interface
- Red LED Rotatable Display
- Hot-Swappable Units
- Customizable Alarms with Escalation
- Input Power Monitoring 1% Accuracy (ANSI and IEC standards)
- Fault Tolerant Daisy Chaining
- High Temperature Grade
- Low Profile Breakers
- U-Lock Receptacles
- Colored Chassis