Vertiv Rack PDUs
Ensuring data center availability and business continuity requires that the last link in the power chain, the rack power distribution unit (rPDU), operates as intended to support dynamic operations in the areas of power, cooling, monitoring, and overall data center infrastructure management (DCIM).
Geist Switched Rack PDUs
The Geist Monitored and Switched PDU offers real-time power consumption monitoring including voltage, real power, apparent power, power factor, amps and kilowatt hours via secure web interface, SNMP or SSH along with the ability to remotely turn on, turn off, or reboot power at each outlet.
The PDUs are available with unit-level or outlet-level power monitoring and control.
Geist PDUs offer important insights on how to improve data center energy efficiency while enabling you to prevent downtime, providing notifications when user-specified thresholds for power and climate conditions are breached.
A Switched Rack PDU allows you to:
- Remotely turn on, turn off, or reboot power at each outlet to power cycle unresponsive IT equipment
- Set power sequencing time delays to define the order in which to power up or down connected equipment to avoid circuit overload
- Monitor critical power usage data and receive alerts and alarms when user-specified thresholds are breached
Geist Monitored Rack PDUs
Geist power monitoring provides a comprehensive view of power usage in a data center, both at the rack and via remote access. The local and remote power monitoring options offer quick access to the PDU’s current, volts, real power, apparent power, power factor, and kilowatt hours. By monitoring these critical variables, data center managers can evaluate energy usage trends and ensure maximum uptime.
- Unit Level Monitoring – With remote power monitoring, data center managers can receive notifications of current threshold breach, preventing unnecessary downtime. Data from the unit can be accessed through any Web browser, without requiring external software.
- Outlet Level Monitoring -The GU Outlet-Level Monitored PDU offers real-time power consumption monitoring including voltage, real power, apparent power, power factor, and kilowatt hours down to the outlet level via secure web interface, SNMP, or SSH. Geist’s PDUs offer important insights on how to improve data center energy efficiency while enabling you to prevent downtime, providing notifications when user-specified thresholds for power and climate conditions are breached.
A Monitored Rack PDU allows you to:
- Monitor critical power usage information to evaluate energy usage trends and maximize uptime
- Have quick access to rPDU critical operating parameters through a secure user interface
- Receive alert and alarm notifications when user-specified thresholds are breached via email, SMS, and SNMP traps
Geist Metered Rack PDUs
Improve reliability, energy efficiency, and prevent crippling downtime caused by overloads using Geist’s Metered PDUs. Equipped with local digital displays, our Metered PDUs provide power consumption metrics instantly, ideal for when deploying or moving critical server equipment.
Like all Geist PDUs, our Metered PDUs cater to a wide range of power input and output requirements to distribute 100-240V to multiple outlets. The Metered PDUs are available in various horizontal and vertical configurations to meet your accessibility needs.
A Metered Rack PDU allows you to:
- Improve reliability and energy efficiency
- See real-time power usage data down to the phase and circuit levels
- Prevent downtime due to overloads
Geist Basic Rack PDUs
Geist’s Basic PDUs offer reliable power distribution to the cabinet to help manage power capacity and increase functionality. Basic PDUs cover a wide variety of electrical options, ranging from 10A to 120A in IEC, NEMA, British, Schuko and mixed configurations. Select the PDU finder at the top of the page to view Geist’s extensive selection of rack PDUs.
The Geist Basic Upgradeable PDU gives data center managers the flexibility to install basic power distribution as required today with the option to upgrade technology as needs evolve.
A basic rack PDU allows you to:
- Reliably distribute power to IT equipment within the cabinet
- Have confidence the rPDU will function as designed due to 100% reliability and functionality testing
- Establish a path for upgrading that doesn’t require a complete rPDU replacement