Zonit Micro ATS
The μATS is the world’s smallest and most efficient Automatic Transfer Switch for data center equipment. It enables a completely different approach to the deployment of power in the data center. The device is a zero “U” self mounting device that is designed to auto-switch the power fed to Electronic Data Processing equipment. It utilizes unique patent-pending technologies to provide unparalleled functionality. The Zonit μATS™ solves many common problems with power distribution and enables new and highly efficient patent pending methods of power distribution. The Zonit µATS™ has five primary usage scenarios:
- 1. Redundancy Enables redundant power feeds for single power cord devices
- 2. 99.9% Efficient Power Distribution Saves 3-15% of annual data center power costs
- 3. Increase UPS Efficiency by 3-5% Saves 3-5% of UPS power conversion losses
- 4. Cost Effective N+1 Reliability Eliminates the need for 2nd power supplies in N+1 horizontal server tiers
- 5. Re-Location Flexibility Allows easy “hot moves” to relocate powered-up equipment. Ideal for doing deployments that are temporary or will be moved at a later date.
The Zonit μATS™ is available in both 12A at 120V and 8A at 208V-240V versions.
Why use the µATS?
The µATS™ allows single power supply devices in the data center to be connected to redundant A-B power sources. This eliminates one of the primary causes of downtime, human error. Much downtime is caused by people plugging in one too many devices to a branch circuit, causing its circuit breaker to trip. The Zonit µATS™ is very useful to increase the service level availabilty of common single-power devices such as network distribution switches, firewalls, and other equipment that may be in a mission-critical service path, sometimes unknowingly. The µATS™ enables much easier maintenance of redundant power systems, since one source can be taken off-line if all single power supply devices are fed via µATS™ units. Distribution closets with single power supply network switches especially benefit from the Zonit µATS™, because it enables a UPS unit in that closet to be taken off-line for battery testing and maintenance during regular business hours without network service downtime.