MergePoint Unity Digital KVM
Avocent MergePoint Unity (MPU)
“”With our MergePoint Unity, my staff is able to monitor and manage our servers more effectively and efficiently.” – Peter Haffner, Tunxis Community College, Farmington, CT
The MergePoint Unity® switch is the next generation KVM over IP appliance replacing the award winning DSR product.
This industry leading appliance provides IT administrators a complete and secure, remote management solution to access and control servers, networking equipment and other devices found in data centers and branch offices.
Using both in-band and out-of-band tools together allows for a more fault-tolerant and complete, remote management solution. Remote, out-of-band connections complement traditional in-band/software tools to improve troubleshooting, shorten response times and help minimize unplanned downtime.
The MergePoint Unity appliances provide remote users the capabilities of a direct, physical connection to KVM, USB and serial ports of servers and other IT equipment from anywhere.
Features and Benefits
- Improved remote management and staff efficiency
- Make connections to Cisco equipment quick and easy
- Improved physical security
- Local and remote browser interface for easy setup and use
- Centralized management for large deployments
- Remote access to KVM, USB and serial connections
- Serial adaptors support SSH connections and the Cisco® pinout
- Virtual media enables remote USB connections and support for smartcard/CAC readers
- Built-in Web interface
- Managed with the Avocent DSView™ 4 management software
- FIPS 140-2 compliance: Based on the FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic module(s) (Certificate #1051)
|MPU108EDAC||1 local 1 remote||8||virtual media/single or dual AC|
|MPU1016DAC||1 local 1 remote||16||virtual media/single or dual AC|
|MPU2016DAC||1 local 2 remote||16||virtual media/single or dual AC|
|MPU2032DAC||1 local 2 remote||32||virtual media/single or dual AC|
|MPU4032DAC||1 local 4 remote||32||virtual media/single or dual AC|
|MPU8032DAC||1 local 8 remote||32||virtual media/single or dual AC|
|All models include support for PS2, Sun, USB and serial target devices|