High Performance KVM
Avocent HMX 5000/6000/8000
IP Base High Performance KVM
The Avocent HMX 5000/6000/8000 IP-Based KVM family provides the highest quality video with fast switching capabilities. With resolutions up to 4K 60Hz, the Avocent HMX high performance KVM systems are the leader in the industry.
The Avocent HMX Series is the preferred solution for broadcasting, sports venues, post production and many other industries where high resolution and zero latency are required. Furthermore, because they are IP-based, they provide flexibility in locating critical computing hardware in a secure and temperature-controlled environment away from the user work station, while maintaining a flawless desktop experience.
– The Avocent® HMX 5000 provides video resolution up to 1920 x 1200 @60Hz and offers a zero-U transmitter option for VGA, DVI-D or DP.
– The Avocent® HMX 6000 provides video resolution up to 2560 x 1600 60Hz and offers a zero-U transmitter option for HDMI and DP.
– The Avocent® HMX 8000 offers 4K video over a single 10Gb fiber connection, along with audio and USB.
– The Avocent® HMX 5000/6000/8000 KVM family can integrate seamlessly with the existing Avocent® Zero-U IP KVM Transmitters (5150T/6150T/5160T).
The Vertiv Avocent HMX8000 IP keyboard, video and mouse (KVM) system is a high-performance extender offering 4K video over a single fiber connection, along with audio and universal serial bus (USB). It delivers pixel-perfect, color-accurate picture quality with 4K resolution at 60Hz using the USB 2.0 specification for fast switching, making it the preferred solution for broadcasting, post production, and other applications where high resolution and zero latency are required.
- 4K resolution for pixel-perfect quality with zero latency at 60Hz over a single fiber connection
- 10 GB ethernet capability to support fiber connections
- Remote access that ensures quality and security of critical devices
- Fast switching that improves productivity
- Backwards compatibility with Vertiv Avocent HMX 5000/6000 switches without the need for special modifications
The Avocent HMX 6000 Series is an IP-based high performance KVM extender that can be part of a fully-matrixed KVM solution when an HMX Advanced manager is added to the solution. This enables you to locate your critical computing hardware in a secure and temperature controlled environment away from the user work station, while maintaining a pixel perfect desktop experience.
Features & Benefits
- Truly unlimited extension distances – Extension distance is not limited to a single 100 meter cable length – If you need to
extend further, simply add a 1GbE network switch to achieve even greater distances.The units are also fitted with SFP cages to accept fiber optic transceivers which enable much greater extension distances.
- Single CATx cable or fiber for greater flexibility – This significant asset is what gives you the freedom to use the full variety of cable links that you typically find within an average structured cabling system. The result is that you can achieve reliable links, regardless of whether the cables are CAT5e, CAT6 or CAT7.
- Real time control with perfect digital video – Using a spatially-lossless encoding system, with 1:1 pixel mapping. The digital
video you receive is the same as the digital video leaving the remote computer.
- Security – For applications where security is of high importance, the system has the ability to disable the use of non-HID devices, meaning there is no need to physically block USB ports to prevent the use of mass storage devices.
- Enables connection of USB devices from mice and keyboards through to graphics tablets, jog shuttles, joysticks and 3D explorers, alongside mass storage devices.
- The units are able to detect whether the network is in operation and can automatically change to its second network port if it detects a failure.
High Video Performance over VNC
- The VNC server can be accessed by a standard web browser but for superior graphical performance, a Real VNC viewer should be used.
- View 2560 x 1600 or two 1920 x 1200 sessions
- Real VNC server with RFB 3.3 support
- Up to 256bit AES and RSA 2048 encryption
- VM support and RS232 for power control
- Supports 16 users simultaneously
- Out of band BIOS level access
- Plug and play
- 100m extension distance on single Catx; unlimited using standard IP network
- 500m to 10km over fiber
- Single link or single head configuration
- Resolutions up to 2560×1600 @60hz
- USB mass storage supported plus keyboard, mouse tablet and touch screen
- Redundant network operation
The Vertiv™ Avocent® HMX 6500R High Performance KVM System receiver delivers KVM and VM access without requiring additional hardware or compromise on KVM functionality. By incorporating Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) protocols into the receiver, the Avocent® HMX 6500R allows all operators to access all machines in a more efficient way. It is ideal for demanding applications such as broadcast, control rooms and collaborative environments.
The Avocent HMX Digital High Performance KVM system is designed for organizations that need to provide workers the ability to seamlessly access and share one or more computing resource(s) which are physically separated from their work environment. This solution provides users an “at-the-desktop” experience from their work stations to any appliances, PCs or computing resources attached to the HMX IP network
Features and Benefits
- Eliminates Distance Limitations within the LAN – Allows computers and users to be located anywhere on the network
- High-Quality DVI Video and Digital Audio – For intensive graphic and audio applications
- Centralized Management – Via a single console, including access, desktop pooling and reporting
- Centralized, User-Rights Management – HMX system allows user administration and authentication through AD, LDAP.
- Greater Security – TLS certificate based encryption for secure access
- No Dedicated Cabling – Removes the need for dedicated cabling between user and computer
- Digital DVI Video – Up to 2560 x 1600or dual sessions at 1920×1200 each
- USB Support – USB media and most other USB devices including USB keyboard/mouse
Avocent HMX Advanced Manager
The Vertiv™ Avocent® HMX Advanced Manager (HMXAMGR24-001) is a secure, web browser-based, centralized enterprise management solution that provides remote management and monitoring of multiple Vertiv™ Avocent® HMX IP KVM extender systems. With centralized management, it is easy to navigate while receiving real-time, zero lag connectivity. As you expand your HMX extender system, this software offers a streamlined user interface to handle all administration, access control, monitoring, and firmware upgrades across the HMX extender system.