High Performance KVM
The Avocent® HMX High Performance Extension KVM solution is designed for organizations that need to provide workers the ability to seamlessly access and share one or more computing resource(s) which are physically separated from their work environment. This solution provides users an “at-the-desktop” experience from their work stations to any appliances, PCs or computing resources attached to the HMX IP network. This real-time, high-quality “at-the-PC” user experience is perfect for demanding environments such as pre and postproduction editing (broadcast), control rooms (broadcast, industrial, manufacturing, energy/utilities, IT, telecom and emergency response) and collaborative environments (training/simulation, medical diagnosis and imaging and financial trading desks).
Today, the HMX system empowers the command centers of major hydroelectric plants; streamlines the editing of Hollywood blockbusters and is used in production environments by a vast majority of major broadcasting television and cable networks. In these and other cases, the HMX system enables organizations to improve employee productivity, reduce IT costs and, ultimately, produce better business results for their customers.
The HMX High Performance Extension KVM is the ideal solution for these demanding environments. The HMX extender system can be easily deployed over a local area network (LAN). It supports a comprehensive range of peripherals including DVI-I video, CD audio, USB mass storage, keyboard and mouse and other USB devices.
The HMX solution is ideal for the enterprise market bringing a robust set of administrative tools with the HMX Manager. The HMX Manager provides administration and connection-management control from a central location, enabling the desktop administrator to effectively and efficiently manage the computing resources without compromising the user experience.
Features and Benefits
- Eliminates Distance Limitations within the LAN – Allows computers and users to be located anywhere on the network
- High-Quality DVI Video and CD Audio – For intensive graphic and audio applications
- Centralized Management – Via a single console, including access, desktop pooling and reporting
- Centralized, User-Rights Management – HMX system allows user administration and authentication through AD, LDAP, TACACS+, RADIUS, RSA SecureID and NT
- Greater Security – 128bit AES encryption for secure access
- No Dedicated Cabling – Removes the need for dedicated cabling between user and computer
- Dual, Digital DVI Video – Up to 1920x1200
- USB Support – USB media and most other USB devices including USB keyboard/mouse as well as vUSB
- Interoperability – Between the HMX extender system and the single- and dual-video, high-resolution products
|HMX Manager||SSL||100Mbps and 1Gbps||Rack appliance for management of your HMX extender system|
|HMX 1050 User Station||SSL/AES 128 bit||100Mbps and 1Gbps||Desktop user station, single video, 1280x1024 @ 60Hz|
|HMX1070 User Station||SSL/AES 128 bit||100Mbps and 1Gbps||Desktop user station, single video, 1920x1200 @ 60Hz|
|HMX 2050 User Station||SSL/AES 128 bit||100Mbps and 1Gbps||Desktop user station, dual video, 1920x1200 @ 60Hz|