The Avocent® AutoView™ analog KVM switches deliver simpler KVM switching with local virtual media support, advanced cabling options and easier access to servers and other network devices in your midsize data center.
The Avocent AutoView analog appliances feature cabling options that let you manage PS/2, USB, Sun and serial devices from one solution. Integrated access cables provide keyboard, video and mouse connectivity in a single, slim CAT-5 cable, which reduces cable bulk and saves time and money. A smart chip interface automatically assigns and retains unique server names for each attached server.
Additionally, you can connect multi-platform servers to a single switch and configure servers at the rack with an on-screen display (OSD). The convenient OSD lets you easily name and select your servers.
The family features local virtual media for connecting USB media devices. With virtual media, you can transfer data that is stored on CDs, USB thumb drives, USB external hard drives or any other media source between targets.
Features and Benefits
- Virtual Media Support – Share a directly connected USB storage device to all servers connected to a KVM switch (a DSAVIQ-USB2 module is required for virtual media support)
- Common Access Card (CAC)/Smart Card Support – Enhances security to meet US government regulation HSPD12 which is required for ensuring secure login to government systems (an AVRIQ-VMC module is required for CAC support)
- Server/Computer Access – Manage PS/2, USB, Sun or serial devices
- Flash Upgrade – Fast and easy upgrades to firmware appliances and server interface modules
- Easy to Use – Configure your system name and select your servers from the convenient OSD
- Standards-Based – Uses standard CAT-5 cables
- OS Independent – BIOS-level access ensures connection to the attached servers regardless of the health or type of operating system
|Avocent AutoView 1415||1||8||Provides support for one user’s USB and/or PS/2 keyboards and mice. Support for USB, PS/2 Sun and serial target devices.|
|Avocent AutoView 1515||2||8||Provides support for two users’ USB and/or PS/2 keyboards and mice. Support for USB, PS/2 Sun and serial target devices.|
|Avocent AutoView 2015||2||16||Provides support for two users’ USB and/or PS/2 keyboards and mice. Support for USB, PS/2 Sun and serial target devices.|
|Avocent AutoView 2030||2||16||Local virtual media, smart card reader, local USB and PS/2 peripheral support.|